CULVER CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT REACHING OUT TO COMMUNITY WITH THE PARTNERS IN POLICING PROGRAM
- Each area of Culver City has a designated CCPD officer assigned to it to best serve the citizens
- Officer Alan Campos is assigned to the Fox Hills area- which is District 5.
- Anything of concern is communicated to Officer Campos related to our area. He is our liaison officer.
- We are all encouraged to report emergencies through 911 and ALL suspected problems and/ or non-emergency situations by calling 310-837-1221. With homelessness increasing in our area, contact police if you suspect that a person is having obvious cognitive problems, (e.g.: confused, partially clothed, etc.) CCPD will assess them for need of further intervention.
- Crime prevention strategies are stressed by the CCPD especially to prevent Opportunistic Crimes. Fox Hills with its high density of vehicles and housing units make us vulnerable to these types of crimes. Strategies include:
- Lock your vehicles
- Keep all visible items in your vehicle trunk. (Laptops, etc. are very tempting if seen on a car seat!)
- While shopping/walking- leave big purses home and opt for small purse/pockets to carry just what you need to shop. Avoid wearing expensive jewelry as well.
- Use dowels for patio doors to maintain a small opening for air but to avoid a larger opening where someone can enter your unit.
- Be aware of your surroundings!!!- Avoid distractions like cell phone conversations.
- Do not open your door to solicitors in the buildings- some are people wanting to “case” your unit.
- Avoid having important documents sent through the mail- use on-line if possible.
- To decrease package thefts: Can request Amazon to deliver during certain timeframes when you will be home. With UPS: can send contact information requesting delivery times.
Officer Alan Campos reached out to the Fox Hills Neighborhood Association and on February 16th, 2017 J. Sherman and D. Wallace of the Fox Hills Neighborhood Association Board met with Officer Campos, Officer Silva and Sergeant Hernandez. We shared information about the FHNA, our recently formed Neighborhood Watch and the Next Door Fox Hills site. Officer Campos plans to attend our Next Neighborhood Watch meeting. Date TBA.
- Senior Assault at Westfield, November, 2016: A suspect has been arrested for that crime.
- Mailbox Thefts on February 8, 2017 at 5875 and 5815 Doverwood and 5800 GVC: A suspect has been taken into custody by the Hawthorne PD for mailbox theft in Hawthorne. The suspect on their security camera matched the suspect on the 5800 GVC security camera.