Greetings Fox Hills Community!
Hope you are staying as dry as you can this rainy season. There are a few updates worth sharing to keep you all up to date.
· Fox Hills Plaza project ( HSH developers): Per the Culver City Current Planning Manager Michael Allen, “ the developer (HSH), requested and received a refund for the previous project application fees. I understand there might be an effort to explore/study an alternative project; however nothing has been submitted or provided to the City. When/if the developer chooses to pursue a project, the same process will be required as was previously done (i.e. community meetings, full application, environmental studies, etc.) which required community notice.”
· Entrada Office Project: There will be construction of an 11 story office building next to the Double Tree Hotel at 6163 Centinela Ave. According to the Culver City Current Planning Manager Michael Allen, “they have plans in the plan check phase with Building and Safety and may pull permits any day.” So it sounds like it will happen sooner than later. For more details about this project see: https:// urbanize.la/post/new-owner-and-new-look-proposed-culver-city-office-development
· Westfield Shopping Center ( Fox Hills): Still awaiting plans for this area. We are in touch with City Council and Westfield’s manager regarding any updates.
· Re-Imagine Fox Hills: The business park area on Bristol Parkway will be studied by the city in collaboration with the Urban Land Use Institute. Fox Hills residents and businesses will be invited to share their input, commencing in early spring, so stay tuned for notifications.
Moving Forward Post “Community Conversations” for Fox Hills
As many of you know, there were two community conversations focusing on Fox Hills that were held November 29, 2018 and December 1, 2018. In the near future the report reviewing all the input gathered will be posted on the Culver City website and will be presented to the City Council. The community will be notified so stay tuned!!!
- Attend Re-Imagine Fox Hills Discussion
- Attend General Plan meetings, which will be scheduled in the near future. The information gathered from the community conversations will be a great resource for future planning for Fox Hills!!! Link to General Plan information: www.culvercity.org/generalplan