|FOX HILLS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION|
|UPDATES FOR FOX HILLS:|
SAVE THE DATE!! APRIL 1st @ 6PM:
A special virtual Fox Hills Community meeting will be held by Culver City Traffic Engineering to discuss solutions addressing traffic safety in Fox Hills. Bring your concerns/suggestions and tell your fellow Fox Hills neighbors to attend. (link for flyer)
CRIME PREVENTION AT WESTFIELD CULVER CITY:
After an attempted robbery/assault on one of our Fox Hills residents in the upper parking lot of the shopping center on March 1st, our board met with the Center’s Manager and Head of Security to discuss crime prevention measures. Discussion points were as follows:
1) Westfield Culver City has more funding for security than other shopping malls
2) Their security cameras are monitored regularly to insure proper functioning with expedient repairs as needed.
3) When we asked about security escorts to cars, we were assured that it was available on request, although there may be a short wait for security to arrive. We encourage people to contact security for an escort, especially if you are alone, if it is dark or anytime you feel unsafe. Usually people are targeted when they are alone and in the above incident, the perpetrators jumped out of a nearby car.
**** SECURITY CONTACT NUMBERS: 310-390-5073 (PROMPTS TO SECURITY EXTENSION)
**** FOR TEXTING SECURITY: 310-341-0698
**** Any concerns can be addressed to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FEBRUARY 18, 2021 FHNA’S COMMUNITY MEETING WITH CCPD:
We were heartened to see the degree of participation in our February 18, 2021 FHNA COMMUNITY MEETING, addressing crime in the Fox Hills area. We want to again extend our deep appreciation to Assistant Chief Jason Sims and Community Relations Officer Marissa Yabko for their presentations and for answering many questions/concerns from our community. They both strongly encouraged citizens to keep lines of communication open with CCPD (See Contact Info Below)
For those of you who were unable to attend we have a recording of the meeting on our website!! http://fhnacc.org
Meeting Highlights and Key Contact Information:
1) Refocus Policing Directive: Priority on emergency services and reduce the number of traffic stops and contacts with community members for low-level traffic infractions ( e.g.: broken tail light). For details go to: Culvercity.org to Services, to Public Safety, to Police Department to News to, Message from Chief of Police 2/10/2021
2) Incidents of serious crimes have increased throughout the region. In 2020: Fox Hills, three month summary includes 2 carjackings in November 2020. In 2021: An armed robbery and attempted robbery in January and an assault and armed robbery in February. Active investigation continues for these crimes.
3) Patrolling of the Fox Hills area is continuously being reassessed for deployment needs. The newest program “Park, Bike, Walk and Talk” has officers out of patrol cars to deter crime and engaging more with the community. There have been police on bikes in Fox Hills and they will continue to assess for its use.
****Be vigilant and aware of your surroundings! Being on your cell phones is a big distraction…stay off your phones while sitting in your car and walking.
***Important Contact Information:
**Marissa Yabko, Community Relations Officer: email@example.com / 310-253-6258. She can answer many questions including about the Park, Bike, Walk and Talk program and having an officer come to your building complex to assess for security issues.
**If you feel there is a need for extra patrolling (e.g. speeding during certain hours) Call 310-253-6208
** For area Crime Mapping: www.culvercity.org to “SERVICES” to “PUBLIC SAFETY’ to POLICE DEPARTMENT and scroll to “Crime Mapping”
.**Non-Emergency Number: 310-837-1221 **FOR A CRIME IN PROGRESS call 911
VACCINATION CLINIC AT SENIOR CENTER THURSDAY, MARCH 25TH, 9am-5pm:
For those age 65+ there is a vaccination clinic at the Senior Center NEXT Thursday March 25th. Scheduling ability up to 500 appointments, partnering with Curative and LA County for this event.
The Culver City Senior Center will be hosting a 1 time only vaccination clinic for ANYONE NOW ELIGIBLE AND NOT JUST THOSE OVER 65 with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and Curative. As of March 23rd there are still spots available!
When: Thursday, March 25, 2021
Where: Culver City Senior Center – 4095 Overland Ave. Culver City, CA 90232
• This vaccination clinic is for 1st doses ONLY, 2nd doses will be scheduled at the event
• We do not know if the vaccine will be Pfizer or Moderna
• This is open to anyone who lives or works in LA County age 65+
This vaccination clinic is appointment ONLY Appointments will be scheduled between 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. To schedule an appointment, call the PRCS Department at (310) 253-6700 or (310) 253-6650. You must speak to someone to make an appointment, please do not leave voicemails.
Jill S. Thomsen | Recreation & Community Services Supervisor
Culver City Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department
( 310-253-6722 | * firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: M-F 9 AM – 6:30 PM (off every other Friday)
PRCS Online | Instagram | Facebook
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.FHNACC.ORG
Fox Hills neighbors are welcome to join our email list (:
“Like” us on Facebook!