|Greetings Fox Hills,
As many of you know, there are 2 proposed housing developments in Fox Hills.
LINCOLN PROPERTIES IS HOLDING THEIR 2ND COMMUNITY MEETING RE: THEIR PROPOSED 309 UNIT MIXED USE COMPLEX AT 5700 HANNUM AVENUE. MEETINGS ARE REQUIRED PER CULVER CITY
WHEN: THURSDAY, JULY 27, 2023 FROM 6:30-8:30PM
WHERE: 600 CORPORATE POINTE, CULVER CITY- LOBBY LEVEL
PLEASE GO TO 5700hannum.com for details of the project and parking/walking directions to the meeting. Your participation is very vital to hear Fox Hills’ voices.
FAST FACTS RE: HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
1. State requirements for needed housing in Culver City is 3341 units
2. The density designation for housing in Fox Hills is 100 units/acre, which could result in approximately 2000 units built in Fox Hills. This density is for the south side of Slauson, where we already have 2600 units
3. Land Use Changes do not go into effect until the City’s General Plan is adopted, scheduled for Winter, 2023, which means that changes can still be made to lower the density designations.
4. The City Council is the body that has the authority to change density designations.
JULY 10TH 2023 CITY COUNCIL MEETING:
City Council voted to form a General Plan Sub-Committee to include public input. Council members Freddy Puza and Dan O’Brien will be the Council members on this committee. MEETING DATES TBD
FALL, 2023: The Culver City General Plan Report is planned to be presented to the community with “robust community engagement” per Mark Muenzer, Culver City’s Planning and Development Manager. MEETING DATES TBD
FOX HILLS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETINGS WITH CITY COUNCIL: FHNA Board spoke with the Mayor, Vice Mayor and Council members individually. Our takeaways from these meetings left us feeling optimistic. They are as follows:
1. All were looking at the main corridors and shopping centers throughout Culver City as locations to build the needed housing besides Fox Hills
2. Viewed having a bulk of the housing in one area would be unfair
3. Open to the possibility of high density housing ( 100 units/acre) on the north side of Slauson (less traffic and no housing there presently).
4. Possible “entitlement” plans so that we, as a city, will advise developers as to what the city wants to see happen in terms of housing development.
LASTLY:– JULY 7, 2023: NEIGHBORHOOD CLEANUP EVENT WITH FHNA and ANTIOCH UNIVERSITY DOCTORAL EDUCATION STUDENTS. We had a fun time with these students and some Fox Hills residents with this clean up in the park and on our streets. Thank you Antioch for reaching out to us!!!–
“Like” us on Facebook!
|Copyright © 2023 Fox Hills Neighborhood Association, All rights reserved.
Thank you for being a part of the Fox Hills Neighborhood Association
Our mailing address is:
Fox Hills Neighborhood AssociationPO Box 4024Culver City, CA 90231-4024Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.